Ok, So I just finished up a contract where I built/ran an export machine for a large Canadian Dealer Group.
Here is the bird's eye view and $$ results
The groups primary target was to cut out the middleman (Auctions/Wholesalers) and go direct to the United States market
I created a model where the individual stores followed their existing deal flow and valued/on-boarded trades using existing methods. (No extra work for managers)
Model worked like this
- Trade comes in
- Determination made. Keep for retail or wholesale
- If wholesale, Export desk offered deal at current high bid from regular sources (wholesalers/appraisal auctions etc.)
- If an incremental $$ advance was likely the unit accepted into the export program
- Accepted Vehicles then exported and sold via my network
Over 2 years
- Average INCREMENTAL profit per unit after all expenses incl a $750 pack
- $2950 CAD/ $2,200 USD
Primarily North American Trucks and SUV’s avg 2 model years old
This is just one success story. I have lot’s more….